Monday, July 21, 2014

Write-up

I like to do things in bunches. There were days where I would work on finding quotes for most of the night after the kids were asleep. I didn’t setup a time to sit down and do a bunch of quotes until the last week. For the most part, I was just reading the talks that the quotes. Sometimes it was a grind in working on this project. This semester had me writing so many essays and discussion board posts I sometimes found that I had already done the work and forgot. I really look at doing this project as a chance to see what I could do. What I mean by that is that I have seen that I can push through the apathy that so often felled me in the past. I would look and see that I was getting a good grade and it wouldn’t matter much if I were to take a week off and just relax. Then I would feel that surge of determination coming from my soul that wouldn’t let me slack off. I am a lover of quotes. I have a folder in my Google Drive that is all about the great quotes in my life. And all the ones that I have picked out for this project are doing into it. Sometimes while the sacrament is being passed I will read over the quotes I have and I find that they have given me some pretty good insight later while I'm in Elders Quorum. I don’t do the memorizing of quotes, or really much of anything at all. I have found that I get more out of the thinking and pondering of thoughts/quotes that I have or read. This activity has had me think of the blessings that lay in store for me when I study the gospel.

No comments:

Post a Comment